S torytelling is one of the keys to engaged teaching.
Caring for her Dad has supplied Ms. Eber with an abundance of sad, touching, and often funny vignettes, which she delights in relating to her audiences.
The URL says it all: AgingBeatsTheAlternative.com.
Through honesty and humor, Ms. Eber brings a practical, informed voice to topics typically viewed as ‘taboo.’ Click on this short video clip from a Senior Sexuality seminars for a preview of Ms. Eber’s style:
Ms. Eber speaks to a range of audiences including baby boomers, corporations, organizations, healthcare institutions, community groups, and professional conferences on a variety of topics, including:
- Understanding the normal aging process and distinguishing it from disease
- Strategies for decreasing caregiver stress
- Understanding Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Tips for adopting a healthy lifestyle for optimal aging
- How the baby boomers will change everything
Ms. Eber has a gift for engaging her audiences and is a firm believer in the mantra “knowledge is power.” Her goal is to help others to adopt a positive outlook when dealing with the challenges of aging.