Healthy Living without Sacrifice: 5 Changes You Can Make Today
We all know that in order to age “gracefully,” we need to take care of ourselves. But, few of us eat a nutritious diet, exercise regularly, get adequate rest, or successfully keep our stress level at manageable levels.
What’s your excuse? Not enough hours in the day? Too stressed out? Don’t want to deprive yourself of your favorite foods? Hate going to the gym?
This presentation will teach you five practical steps you can take today which will immediately impact your lifestyle and allow you to age gracefully.Tell Me More
Does your company have employees who are struggling to care for an aging parent or grandparent? Employees who are part of the “sandwich generation?”
Many employees are dealing not only with their own aging challenges, but also with the pressures of caring for aging parents, grandparents or some other older adult. They may also be part of the “sandwich generation,” acting as caregivers for both their children and parents.
The result: Stressed out employees leading to absenteeism and to distracted and exhausted employees, thereby impacting your bottom line.
What can you do? How do you help your employees? Educate them. Help them prepare for these lifestyle changes early, before it affects either their home or work life.
I share stories of my own personal experience in caring for my dad and trying to balance a career practicing law. I keep it simple – because it’s the stories and humor that will help people remember my message.
Aging Beats the Alternative SM
offers a fun and relaxed approach to the reality of aging. Help your employees or clients laugh at the funny, absurd, silly things that happen; educate them about what it means to age gracefully, and inform them about the resources available to help get the best care for their aging parents.
Contact me to discuss your needs or to just learn a little more.
I Want to Know More
The Sandwich Generation: Balancing Work Obligations with Caring for an Aging Parent.
- Recognize the stresses created by simultaneously caring for your children and your parents
- Learn five tips that will help you maintain your own physical and mental health while being a caregiver
- Identify valuable community resources to alleviate caregiver stress
Older Adult Driving Issues.
- Understand how normal aging and chronic disease affects driving ability
- Identify five warning signs of unsafe driving in older adults
- Learn strategies to gently convince your aging parent to discontinue driving
What to do When Your Aging Parent Can No Longer Live Independently
- Identify the range of care options available when an older adult can no longer live independently
- Understand in-home care options, the costs and how to select a provider
- Learn five tips for selecting the appropriate assisted living facility for your loved one
The Legalities of Making Financial and Medical Decisions for an Aging Parent.
- Understand the purpose of a legal power of attorney for financial affairs
- Understand the court process to obtain a conservatorship if your parent is no longer legally competent
- Identify five benefits to completing an Advance Health Care Directive
Dealing with Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
- Distinguish between dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Understand risk factors and behaviors associated with a decreased risk of developing a dementia
- Learn five counter-intuitive techniques to address problem behaviors in adults with dementia